Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vegas Shmegas


Dan and I arrived late last night from Vegas. We were gone for 5 days and the whole purpose of our trip was to see the big boxing match at MGM Grand- Manny Pacquaio and Shane Mosley. It was our first time to Vegas and to be honest, I'm not sure that I'll be rushing back. During this trip I learned a few things...

1. You can smoke almost anywhere in Vegas. Including the friggin elevator and malls! I hate smoking. I also hate the fact that a lot of smokers feel like it's a right to be able to smoke anywhere- it's not, it's a priviledge. Nothing like walking around pregnant, in your own hotel, while gambling smokers blow smoke right in your face.

2. You can drink ANYWHERE. This includes shopping malls and in the streets. I think that even if I COULD have drank, it would have still been annoying. Just because you can drink freely doesn't mean you have to be obnoxious. I saw fresh 21 year olds stumbling drunk first thing in the morning, middle aged men acting like 18 year olds. You name it, I saw it. Hmm... maybe I'm just getting old :)

3. Americans feel the need to correct you when you ask for the "washroom." "Oh, you mean restroom? Right down the hall."

4. Just because your hotel's lobby looks ritzy doesn't mean your room will be. We stayed at the Monte Carlo and it was fine, but we had a moth problem in our first room, so bad that we had to be moved into another room. The lobby was deceiving with all of its chandeliers and shiny floors.

5. I know that people do it, but it was so hard to be away from Lucas for that long. Good thing his Baba took good care of him, but it's hard to leave him for that long when he doesn't really get where we are or if we really are going to come back.

Despite the smoke and annoying crowds, Dan and I had an awesome time. It was just what we needed- to totally be relaxed and just get away. We got to see Cirque de Soleil's 'O' which was amazing- the best one I've seen! We also saw this Filipino comedian named Rex Navarette, which was hilarious. We almost peed ourselves! Although Dan was one of the few non-Filipino's there, he got all the jokes and thought it was awesome.

It was great to be on vacation, but even better to be back home with my little guy. I kept him home from daycare today just so we could spend the day together. I don't know if I could leave him again! Man, I sound just like my mom ;)

1 comment:

  1. Marion, I still check in on your blog once in awhile! You look incredible! Congrats on your pregnancy!Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete