Monday, May 30, 2011

Update

For those of you who haven't found out yet, we are having another boy!!!! We found out a few weeks ago and are very excited. I think it would have been great to have a boy and a girl, but I'm looking forward to Lucas having a little brother. Just me and the boys! We keep telling Lucas that there's a baby inside Mommy's tummy and that he's going to be a big brother. Not sure if he gets it, but I think it's good to talk about it anyway. When I ask Lucas where the baby is, he says, "Inside Mommy tummy." Then he proceeds to lift shirt up and says, "open" and says, "hi baby" and pats my "big tummy" as he likes to call it. So cute. Well, maybe not so cute when we're in public and Lucas keeps wanting me to "open" my shirt, ha ha.

Our little peanut turned 2 on May 17th!! I can't believe it. We had a party for him at the Millwoods Rec Centre and it was awesome. It was an indoor playground and he had a bunch of friends come from daycare and a few kids from the mom's group who we have kept in contact with. It was so nice to see Lucas play with his friends and be independent, which we don't ever get to see. It was a great birthday and man, was Lucas pooped by the end. So were mom and dad :)

Dan is off to Ottawa for a almost 5 days for work, which I am dreading. I'm quickly getting bigger and bigger and feeling more and more uncomfortable everyday. It will be great to have some alone time with Lucas, but it will be hard because I get so physically exhausted doing the most simple things, like going up and down the flippin stairs! BUT, thank god Dan's mom is nearby. She is going to help me with driving Lucas to daycare, which is probably the most draining part because I'm working almost everyday next week. It's times like this where I realize how much Dan is such a great help and such an involved dad!

Summer is coming, we are taking Lucas out of daycare at the end of June, school (and therefore work) is ending, I'm getting bigger, anticipating this birth of this babe, we have renovations going on in our basement (Dan's been doing an awesome job!)...it's overall been very busy, but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment