Sunday, July 18, 2010

Four Nights, Five Days

So Dan is in Calgary for work from Friday until Tuesday. Needless to say, it has been very quiet around here! We are only on day three, but Lucas and I miss him very much. The other day we put Dan on speaker phone and Lucas was very confused and started crying, but eventually just looked at the phone and started smiling. He knew it was his dad!

Last night my girlfriends came over to keep me company and we ate a delicious dinner of Jill pizza (magical pizza dough, aka magical breadmaker) some salad and a bowl of 5 cent candies supplied by Kristen. It was great! Then we headed out on the porch to do our nails (trust me, we are not the girlie girl types so that made it even funnier!) IN THE DARK. Great idea... I feel so lucky to have such a great group of girls in Edmonton, which makes it feel more like home.

Today Lucas and I went for a stroll on our street with his little walker, which was a little difficult at times because we are living in a total construction zone and there is so much mud and rocks everywhere. After our walk, we watered our plants on the porch- Lucas used his own watering can. So adorable! I made sure to take a picture and I will be sure to upload them soon!

My parents are coming to visit soon, but until then we are missing Papa and can't wait until he is back! All I can say is that single mothers have the hardest job in the world! I'm lucky Lucas is a great kid, but man am I exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment