Sunday, July 11, 2010

Month of Visitors!

This month we are having a bunch of people coming to visit us! Right now our friend Justin is in from Ottawa and we haven't seen him since we got married, so it's been great having him around. Then Dan is off to Calgary for work and while he is gone my parents are coming, then that will (hopefully!!) be followed by my friend Megan and her family visiting, then my sister's little fam then.... maybe my bestest friend Caitlin who is in Canada for a short while. She has been in China for what seems forever and I'm hoping she can make it out for a visit.

Needless to say, summer is zooming by fast, but we're having a great one. It's so nice that Lucas has the opportunity to meet so many people in our lives. He is warming up well to everyone and (I think) just likes new faces to play with.

Loving playing at the water table under the HOT HOT sun!

Lately I've been making more of an effort to get Lucas around other kids and at first, he is a bit hesitant, cries for mom and won't leave my side for a while. BUT, the other day we were at his friend's house for a playdate and got right in there and was splashing around with the other kids. It was so nice to see him starting to play with other little ones because it always seems like on these playdates, all the kids are playing independently. The group of mom's I have met have been awesome and it's nice to see our kids grow up together.


Lucas is doing great- he's been walking (with assistance!) more and more and becoming a little mobile man. He's also been into dancing lately- hilarious to watch and always makes my day! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by already and how much his personality is really coming out! Oh, do I have a little rascal on my hands...

Walking with dad to get the mail!


Dan and I have been trying to get our house in order. We feel like we've been in this house for so long (well, not really), but it doesn't quite feel like home yet because the walls are bare and it doesn't have our own personal taste shown amongst each room yet. It's so hard moving and getting things the way you want them to be. Also, sometimes it's tough to get things done with Lucas around because he always wants to be a part of the action. It's so cute, but tough to get stuff done sometimes! It will be great when Lucas can help out!


So proud to be walking!!

Not much is up for the rest of the weekend. We're having dinner tonight with some friends and Justin will be on his way on Monday afternoon. Then a little lull in visitors, then boom... more visitors! I can't wait to see my family and how much my niece has grown- I miss her terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment