Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!

This morning I went for my fifth ultrasound and they found that I was running low on amniotic fluid so I had to call my doctor to see what this could mean. I ended up going straight to the Grey Nuns hospital where my obstetrician just happened to be delivering. Next thing I knew she was in the room and enthusiastically said, "C section.... you're having this baby....today!" Oh my. Not what I was expecting. But the baby is healthy and so am I. I had a feeling last night that something big was going to happen....

So here I am sitting at the hospital by myself waiting for Dan to come back with all the necessities. I will be here to recover for at least 72 hours they say so I had quite the list for Dan to follow!

This pregnancy has been quite eventful and honestly, if the baby is healthy I'm glad I get to meet him sooner! Last night as I waddled down the stairs I said to Dan- I don't think I can take it anymore! The weight on my feet, the swollen tingly hands, the sore back, bad skin, bleeding gums, sausage like toes and fingers... it has been rough physically to say the least.

I feel good. Restless and bored, but good. They went through the procedure and I thought I'd be scared but I know I'm in good hands! Dan is going to spend the night while Baba takes care of Lucas. Oh Lucas, what a reality check it will be for the little guy! For the past month or so I've been telling him that his baby brother is coming to our house soon and he seems to understand but I can imagine how weird it will be for him to have this little person come and steal the spotlight.

Well it's almost 3:30pm and the c section is scheduled for around 5 o clock!! I'll be sure to post pics and details ASAP! Good thing Dan finally took preggo pics of me last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment