Wednesday, August 3, 2011

UPDATE!

Whoa, it's been a long time so I thought I would post an update about summer so far...

~Art Walk was fantastic! The first day was slow and the weather was crappy, but I had my friend Kristen with me the whole day so it made it a bit easier to get through. My friends kept me company all weekend and fed me "healthy" treats (thanks for the mini donuts, Katie!). By the end of the weekend, I sold 10 of my paintings!!! Hey, my goal was to sell one, so I was pretty ecstatic. I met some really great artists who had amazing work. I think I'm going to do it again next year :) Dan basically took care of Lucas all weekend because each day I had to be there from 10-5 so I hardly got to see my peanut, which was the crappy part.

~AH, to be pregnant... days are getting harder and harder. Initially, we took Lucas out of daycare in June, but it was getting a bit stressful on me physically with just the two of us during the day so the daycare director so graciously found a place for Lucas. He is back for 3 weeks and his last day (again) will be on August 12. Then again, it's just the two of us! I love having him with me at home, but it's difficult to carry him up the stairs and chase around after him. Wish me luck!

~Last Thursday I thought I was going into labour. YUP. I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions for weeks off and on, but nothing too painful. But then all of a sudden they had become stronger and stronger- unbearable They were really close together and I could barely take it anymore. I started having flashbacks about my labour with Lucas, where I was telling myself: THERE'S NO FRIGGIN WAY I'M GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN!!! Okay, so I changed my mind and wanted another one... Anyway, I called my obstetrician and she told me to go to the hospital in case I was actually going into labour. After hours of being in the hospital and a ton of VERY uncomfortable tests done, they concluded that I should not be going into labour for another 2 weeks at least. How they can tell this, I don't know. One of the tests anyway.

So here I am, over 5 weeks to go. I'm almost ready. Sometimes I think- what have I done?! The days when I can barely walk because my feet are so swollen, when my back is aching, when I am waddling about, when the Braxton Hicks make me nauseous... but I know it will be worth it in the end. I can't wait to meet this little bugger that has been doing a circus act in my tummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment