Monday, September 20, 2010

Dream Dream Dreeeeam Dreeeeeeam

Today I had my first sub job of the year at the school I had my last practicum at. I have been subbing there a ton since I graduated and I'm not going to lie, it's kind of my dream job. But... I can only dream. I had a great day though- I subbed in a grade 1/2 class and I've seen these kids grow up during these last couple years, so it was pretty neat to see how they have changed over the summer. They're taller, smarter, and for some, mouthier :) I had a great day!

Lately I have been feeling like I need a career change. I think it's because I'm feeling discouraged and frustrated with the lack of jobs for teachers. But today when I saw those kids and was able to teach, I came back to reality. I realized all over again, that this is what I want and if I can't get my own class now, I hopefully will in the near future. Stay positive, right?

I had a great conversation with an old friend the other day who is optimistic, enlightening and knows me quite well. She knows that while I want to teach, that I also love painting, writing, music, cooking and being with kids- and not necessarily in the classroom. So she gave me a few ideas about what else I could do with my degree. So, this is my latest "thing".... I think it would be great to create a workshop for kids to learn how to cook, paint and write. Maybe as an afterschool program or weekend day camp type deal. All three things could be a bit overwhelming, but the ideas could also be alternated as well. Just a thought. At this point, I just want to do something with kids- I want to do hands-on activities and get kids passionate about learning- on every level. This is a dream. A big dream.

Other than that, not much else is too new. Life is good. Lucas is doing great at daycare! Dan says he just watches him leave and just continues on with his breakfast. He truly is, a Spanu!

No comments:

Post a Comment