Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update

I know it seems it's been ages since we have last written, but it's been a busy summer! We have had a ton of guests visit us and it was great, but now it's time to settle down, relax and face the year ahead! Here is a little summary of the life of the Spandoza's as of late...

~ Lucas has started daycare in Dan's building and is just loving it! I never (EVER) wanted my kids to go to daycare because I always thought I wanted to stay home until they were a bit older and then start teaching again from there. Also because I have worked in several daycares and in the back of my mind I was never quite satisfied with how each daycare was run. Lucas' daycare in Canada Place is awesome and really focuses on learning through play. The workers are great and really dedicated at what they do.



~ Where does this leave me? Nope, I'm no longer planning my days around Lucas' naps or pushing Lucas around in a shopping cart while he screams and reaches for the lemons (???), but I am "supply teaching." I am only putting this in quotation marks because since it is the beginning of the school year, work has been slow. And by slow I mean, I have not been called in for one job. I am patiently (not to mention eagerly, anxiously, angrily...)waiting for that call to send me to God knows where for my next job. In the meantime, I am looking for other work. At this point, I don't care what it is, as long as it has to do with kids, I'm up for the challenge! Today I applied for a job at a centre that works with pregnant and parenting teens. Yikes, sounds intense, but I think it would be really great!

~ I'm missing Lucas like crazy at home. There are no more diapers to be changed during the day or the sound of Lucas talking in his sleep. I miss all of the little things... even the tantrums in the car or shopping mall. Honestly! I miss my little peanut, but I know daycare is going to be good for him. We really wanted him to get used to being around other people and interacting with other kids.

~ As usual, Dan just been working at the same place and is content and happy doing so. The people he works with are really great and a huge plus is that he gets to visit (aka creep on him through the mirrored window) Lucas anytime he wants! I'm VERY jealous, but I'm glad that dad's nearby. Other than that, life is good. We are enjoying Edmonton and are actually looking forward to winter. Whoa whoa whoa, maybe I should restate that- I guess we're anticipating winter and trying to focus on all the good things... being cozy in the evenings, looking at Lucas in a cute snowsuit that he'll be screaming to get out of, taking Lucas out for a sleigh ride, making snowmen with Lucas.... That's one of the best things about Lucas- his existence has made me more positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment