Monday, September 27, 2010

This is Going to be a LONG WEEK

So, late yesterday afternoon Dan headed to Medicine Hat for work and from here, will have to go to Lethbridge then Calgary. Holy Moly! Needless to say, we already miss him and while we knew this would happen, it's tough having to go all the way downtown to drop Lucas off at daycare and head to whatever sub job I have for the day. I didn't get any calls today, but tomorrow I will be at a school that is 5 min away from our house and then on Wednesday I'm heading over to the west end. Lots and lots of driving, but like I said, we knew what we were getting into by putting Lucas into this daycare.

Last week I worked at a couple schools and was just reminded again of how annoying subbing is sometimes for this reason: the staff treats substitute teachers like garbage. Actually. Nobody ever says a word to me or acknowledges my presence in the staff room. I just don't understand- don't they remember what it was like to be in this position? To not feel like you're a part of any school and that you are constantly in transition? And don't even get me started on the awkward lunch room. Yup, i just feel like I'm a loser in grade school, not being accepted by the cool kids. It's lame! How can teachers preach acceptance and inclusion when they themselves act the exact opposite when it comes to new teachers coming into their space? It's just rude. Just another reminder of how I need to find a consistent job. I know, I know, people sub for years and years, but I just don't want to feel like this every time I enter a new school. I just don't know if it's worth it.

Anyway, back to more positive talk... today I ran a few errands and picked Lucas up at daycare early so we could spend some time together outside. Before we left we hung out with his friends on the daycare playground. It was just great to see him interacting with the other kids. It was also +25!!!! So we went for a walk around the neighborhood, then had supper together which consisted of garden burgers and yam fries while we talked to Dad on speaker phone :)






Today was a great day, but we miss dad terribly :(

No comments:

Post a Comment