Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Friday Friday!!!

Today Dan had a flex day (he works extra hours during the week then gets a Friday off every month!) and we decided to have a day date since we don't really get to go out much together anymore! We dropped off Lucas at daycare, where delicious pineapple bread was waiting for him for breakfast and he watched us leave- without a struggle or any tears! Usually Dan says he clings for dear life when Dan tries to leave, but I guess Lucas is just getting used to it and is really liking daycare.





Then Dan and I were off- to do absolutely anything we wanted! So what did we do? Headed to West Ed of course. We had breakfast, did a bit of shopping, watched a movie and then we headed back to pick Lucas up. Although it was great to be with Dan on our "date" we kept talking about Lucas and said how much we missed him! There was just something missing...

When we got to the daycare Lucas threw his arms up and started to smile and laugh. What a welcoming! We stayed for a little while and saw how the room was rearranged and what Lucas was interested in. Debbie, one of the women in the room showed us a a list of goals they have for each age group. Lucas seems to be doing great! He is achieving a lot of things and is attempting things that a lot of older kids do.

I'm finally off to my first sub job of the year, on Monday. It is for the school I did my last practicum at and it is where I have done a ton of subbing. I know all the kids, they know what to expect from me and it will be neat to see how much they have changed over the summer. I can't wait!

Other than that, Dan and I are going out with our friends Dave and Tamiko for a little parent time. We're really excited because they are so great and they have become great friends of ours. Usually we bring our boys along, but have been able to get out with just the four of us on a few occasions.

It's getting colder outside, but we're still trying to get out as much as we can. Time to get out the mitts, toques and big fluffy jackets!



I'm pretty tired... it's 10:40pm on a Friday night!! Oh my, life has changed!!! I had a great day with Dan and now it's time to turn in...

No comments:

Post a Comment