Monday, June 28, 2010

The Sardine Tent


The camping trip was a success!! Our friend Laura (the most organized of the group!) drove up early from Calgary to try and snag a first come first serve site at Red Lodge. She managed to get a group site, but ended up waiting a little long for us Edmonton girls to get there. And by a "little" long, I actually mean, a really long time. As in almost 4 hours!!! I think Laura got there around 5pm and we didn't get there until about 9pm. On the car ride over we were expecting (and understandably so!) Laura to gouge our eyes out and call friendship off when we got there, but she's a trooper and was just glad to see us (right, Laura?). We also wrote her a really sweet poem on a paper plate in the car just to show our appreciation. It had lines like, "Your skin makes me thirsty" (courtesy of Kristen) and "You are the sun..." You can tell it was a really deep poem ha ha!

Anyway, the trip was great! We got to catch up with our Calgary friends, Laura and Amy (who drove up at 11pm on Friday after a nursing evening shift!) who we hadn't seen in a while. We did a whole lot of nothing, a lot of roasting in the sun, but it was just what I needed! Oh, also due to a lack of communication, we sort of only brought one tent- there were six of us! We were under the impression that Laura would be bringing her tent and Jill would bring hers too. I ended up bringing our friends' that I had borrowed that just so happened to be a 6 person tent. When we got to the site, we realized I was the only one who brought a tent. SO, all six of us packed in and slept like sardines. Good thing we love each other so much!

Needless to say I missed Lucas terribly and that was the hardest and worse part of the trip! Good thing the girls like Lucas so much and don't mind hearing me talk about him!

Our friends Kristen and Mark are staying with us for a few days while they wait to move into their new house. It has been so awesome having them around and they are great with Lucas! It kind of gives Dan and I a chance to have a quick break to get something done! They're both really playful and silly with Lucas and I love that about them. I can't wait until they have their own kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment