Saturday, June 19, 2010

Too Good To Be True

Lucas has always been a good sleeper... until the past couple weeks or so. He has been for the most part, sleeping throughout the night, but has been waking up at 6-6:30am. Boy, were mom and dad spoiled with those 9:30am wake ups! Dan and I have never been morning people, but when we had Lucas it forced us to appreciate being up in the morning. But not THIS early! It's a good thing that Dan is such a great dad because he still helps out if Lucas wakes up.

Everytime we would tell people what time Lucas went to bed and woke up, they would be so jealous and we knew we were lucky. This is why we never boasted about our perfectly sleeping baby because we knew that it could all end one day. And end, it has. But even when Lucas wakes me up at 6am, I can't look at that face and ever be mad at him! He's much too cute for that.

As a sidenote, this reminds me of a pet peeve of mine. I don't have patience for people who aren't humble about the things they have or who they have become. I truly believe in karma and for the sake of sounding religious-ish, which I am not, we should all count our blessings and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment