Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Weekend


Last night I got a chance to go out with my girlfriends and it was great! We went out for sushi, caught up, talked a lot about nothing and headed out to Whyte Ave. Ever since I had Lucas I realized that there are a lot of things I don't miss... like all the drunks stumbling on Whyte. Or the awkward drunken arguments between couples, really short skirts (way too short) and meat heads wearing Ed Hardy shirts. I'm not going to lie though, it still makes me laugh! It's even more funny when you're sober and all you want to do is pee, but the drunk girl in the stall is talking on her cell phone to her mom.

I am glad that Dan and I were able to get out do the "party" thing when we were younger so we can say that we didn't miss out on anything. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to get out, relax and have a drink or two, but I'm happy I got all of that stuff out of my system. I'm perfectly happy to be the DD, out with my friends, drinking a club soda (never thought I'd ever say that!)- especially if there's a drunk chick wearing a lace dress who can't even walk straight, standing in front of us.

Onto other things- today is Father's Day! Lucas and I took Dan out for brunch at the Sutton Hotel where we spent last year's Father's Day. Lucas couldn't even eat real food then, so it was great to share all of the delicious food with him! To cap this special day off, Dan is going to some cage fighting event with his friend Mark. I think it's hilarious! At least I don't have to watch sweaty men in short shorts beating each other. It's been a great day!

Sheesh- content with being the DD, drinking club soda on a Saturday night and encouraging my husband to watch cage fighting on Father's Day? HIGH-larious.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog! :)
    and yes -- you're a married mommy --- just don't let me catch you wearing mom jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete